Pensa Labs, maker of the D.I.Wire, the first and only bench top CNC wire bender is looking for engineering students or recent grads to join our team this spring for an engineering internship or co-op.The engineers at Pensa Labs are inventors that know how to connect solutions with user needs. If you have world-class talent, a passion for product design and invention then you should join our team of engineers!
We design our internships to be a learning experience for you, teaching you to deliver high quality work in a collaborative way. Therefore, to ensure the best experience for both you and our team, we only offer full-time internships. All interns are paid.
- Learn about real-world application of engineering practices and concepts through hands-on participation in internal projects, and through the mentorship of our senior staff
- Collaborate in qualitative fieldwork, brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Perform 3D CAD of parts and assemblies (SolidWorks)
- Build prototypes and mockups of your concepts (rapid prototyping and/or traditional fabrication)
- Plan, execute, and report engineering tests
- Collaborate on design reviews and decision making, and engage in highly technical engineering discussions
- Have ownership of your projects
- You must be a student pursuing an engineering degree, or are a recent grad
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a hands-on approach and are comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop
- Have a basic understanding of materials, mechanisms and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate proficiency with 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Thrive while working under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Quickly adapt and react to changes of direction in your projects
- Are well organized, self-motivated and have a great attention to detail
- Are able to articulate and demonstrate your thought process and rationales behind your decisions
- Are excited to work and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
- Are curious to learn new skills
ABOUT PENSA LABS
The D.I.Wire machines are the brainchild of Pensa, an award winning Brooklyn-based design firm. Pensa Labs is co-located with Pensa, where some of the most talented designers and engineers work collaboratively to develop successful products, brands and strategies. Our offices are in DUMBO Brooklyn, the center for tech and creativity in New York.
To apply, send resume, portfolio sample and cover letter to IWantToWork@PensaLabs.com.
In the subject line, please write: “Engineering Intern”
Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!